SuperScan is a free connect-based port scanning software designed to detect open TCP and UDP ports on a target computer, determine which services are running on those ports, and run queries such as whois, ping, ICMP traceroute, and Hostname lookups.
Superscan 4, which is a completely rewritten update to the other Superscan (version 3, released in 2000), features windows enumeration, which can list a variety of important information dealing with Microsoft Windows such as:
• NetBIOS information
• User and Group Accounts
• Network shares
• Trusted Domains
• Services – which are either running or stopped
Superscan is a tool used by both system administrators, crackers and script kiddies to evaluate a computer’s security. System administrators can use it to test for possible unauthorized open ports on their computer networks, whereas crackers use it to scan for a potentially insecure port in order to gain illegal access to a system.
It is a Powerful TCP port scanner, pinger, resolver and it is an update of the highly popular Windows port scanning tool, SuperScan.
• Superior scanning speed
• Support for unlimited IP ranges
• Improved host detection using multiple ICMP methods
• TCP SYN scanning
• UDP scanning (two methods)
• IP address import supporting ranges and CIDR formats
• Simple HTML report generation
• Source port scanning
• Fast hostname resolving
• Extensive banner grabbing
• Massive built-in port list description database
• IP and port scan order randomization
• A selection of useful tools (ping, traceroute, Whois etc)
• Extensive Windows host enumeration capability.