SoftEther VPN is a free open-source, cross-platform, multi-protocol VPN solution developed as part of Daiyuu Nobori’s master’s thesis research at the University of Tsukuba.
VPN protocols such as SSL VPN, L2TP/IPsec, OpenVPN and Microsoft Secure Socket Tunneling Protocol are provided in a single VPN server. It was released using the GPLv2 license on January 4, 2014.
Features of SoftEther VPN
- Free and open-source software.
- Easy to establish both remote access and site-to-site VPN.
- SSL-VPN Tunneling on HTTPS to pass through NATs and firewalls.
- Revolutionary VPN over ICMP and DNS features.
- Resistance to highly-restricted firewall.
- Ethernet-bridging(L2)and IP-routing(L3) over VPN.
- Embedded dynamic-DNS and NAT-traversal so that no static nor fixed IP address is required.
- AES-256 bit and RSA-4096 bit encryptions.
[Note: Download Softether VPN Gate Client only. link- www.vpngate.net/en/download.aspx