Cain and Abel
Cain and Abel ( often abbreviated to Cain ) is a password recovery tool for Microsoft Windows. It can recover many kinds of passwords using methods such as network packet sniffing, cracking various password hashes by using methods such as dictionary attacks, brute force and cryptanalysis attacks. Cryptanalysis attacks are done via rainbow tables which can be generated with the winrtgen.exe program provided with Cain and Abel.
Cain & Abel uses dictionary lists as a basis for cracking passwords, brute-force attacks by trying different passwords many times every second and decoding information stored on the hard drives, the package attempts to determine the correct password. The software also removes the hidden passwords by showing passwords in certain software packages. Learns wireless network keys for forgotten Wi-Fi login information. The software has some security benefits too by indicating where passwords are insecure in an active system.
Cain & Abel Key Features:
• Locate Wi-Fi password information
• Discover likely passwords for Windows operating system
• Dictionary-based words, brute-force password checking and other methods are used
• Reveal hidden password fields
• Sniff out data stored on drives to discover where passwords may be located
• Can be used for security to verify what can be easily discovered on your own system